NEED TO ANSWER ALL TWO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS…also specify which answer goes to which discussion question
For your initial post, you should write two full (5-6 sentences each) paragraphs as described below:
Paragraph 1: As you finish your last module in Modern World Literature, select your favorite story from the readings to discuss in a paragraph for the initial post to the forum. Use your biographical notes from this module, your text, or the Internet to look up facts about your chosen author. Think about the following questions as you make your selection:
- What is the theme of your story?
- What was culturally significant about the events and time period of your chosen piece?
- How did the author use his/her background to craft the characters or setting?
- How would this story have been different if written from a mainstream cultural perspective?
- What impact did this story have on your understanding of the author’s cultural experiences?
Paragraph 2: In 5-6 sentences, summarize your ideas and experiences with what you have read and watched (the films) in this course. For example:
- Did you discover a favorite new author?
- Were you surprised by any of the styles of writing that you read?
- What film was your favorite? Did you like having films included in the readings?
- Which style of literature was your favorite and why? (Select from magical realism, modernism, post-modernism, post-colonialism, minority literature, feminist literature, mystery).
- You may include commentary on the novel in this section as well as that fits both post-modernism and the mystery genre categories.
Image courtesy of: Starbucks logo
Image courtesy of: Walt Disney Pictures logo
Choose one of the logos above address the following points using the content from Module 6:
- Describe the semiotic/symbolic visual elements in the logo design.
- Discuss why having visual symbolic and iconic communication in a logo may be a good strategy to communicate visually with your targeted audience.
- Discuss why drastically changing the visual elements in an established and successful logo such as Disney, Apple, or Nike, would have a negative effect on the emotion-based trust relationship clients have with the company.
*Remember— Analysis requires that you substantiate your ideas with quotes from academic sources and experts in the field. Analysis without substantiated evidence is opinion. Use your etextbook, another academic article or source, or a career or real-life example to support your analysis points in your initial discussion post to demonstrate your full comprehension of the topics.