A nursing theory is a body of knowledge providing the foundation that supports excellence in nursing practice and research. In essence, a nursing theory provides the theoretical foundation for nurses to think about their nursing practice; what they do and why they do it.
You will find that many nursing theories have been developed in the past. Even today, nurse scholars continue to propose new theories and/ or models.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a professional PowerPoint presentation in response to the following:
- Review “Exhibit 2-2: Overview of Major Nursing Theories and Models” on pp. 56 – 59 in Finkelman (4th)
- Select the theory or model that most closely represents your view of nursing.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
- A brief overview of the theory or model;
- Why you believe the theory or model most closely represents your view of nursing.
- The relationship among the concepts of person, environment, health, and nursing as explained by the theory; and
- How the theory may be applied to planning professional nursing care for individuals and groups of clients. Give two examples for each.
- The PowerPoint presentation should not be more than seven (7) slides excluding the required title slide and reference slide.
- The PowerPoint must include detailed notes in the “Notes Page” section of the PowerPoint. When in PowerPoint, go to View and click on Notes Page.
- Provide at least four (4) professional references. At least two of the references must be professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles. The other references can be from textbooks and/or reliable websites.
- Usually for all assignments, references used must be no greater than five (5) years old. However, references found on nursing theories or models are considered “classic sources” and may be used despite their age.
- APA (7th) format must be followed for all citations and references. Attention to grammar and spelling.
I started the template for the PowerPoint and added the book reference.