Week 1 Assignment – Professional Experience: Article Summary
The Professional Experience assignments in this course have been designed to help prepare you for communicating in a professional work setting. When you are writing in the workplace, it is essential to make sure that you carefully follow any specific directions you receive. Sending poorly formatted or poorly written communications to managers or coworkers is not something you want to do!
To earn full credit, make sure you complete all elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. Assignments that follow directions as written will receive full credit.
If you submit your Professional Experience assignment before the due date and you are not satisfied with your grade, you may resubmit it one time before the due date for a new grade.
For this Professional Experience assignment, write a 25–50 word summary for a recent article (published within the last 18 months) that is focused on effective professional communication.
- Download the Week 1 Professional Communication Table [DOCX] that you will use for this assignment. This document also offers an example for you to help complete the assignment.
- Save the file to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example: Smith_PE1_DOC.docx
Find an article about effective professional communication that was published in the last 18 months.
- Read the article and develop a 25–50 word summary.
- Complete the Professional Communication Table with the following information:
- Hyperlink to the article.
- Date of article publication.
- Your 25–50 word summary.
- Your name in the “Employee” column.